January 2021 Client Newsletter
Medicare 2021 Part B Deductible.
The 2021 Medicare Part B deductible is $203.
COVID Relief Bill
- Extends and modifies the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to provide further flexibilities, such as permitting recipients to deduct forgiven PPP loans, increasing the types of forgivable eligible expenses, allowing certain borrowers to receive a second PPP loan, and expanding PPP eligibility to certain 501(c)(6) nonprofit organizations;
- Temporarily suspends the 2% Medicare sequestration from January 1 through March 31, 2021;
- Increases Medicare payments across the board for CY 2021 from what was finalized in the 2021 Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) by adding $3 billion into the PFS and delaying payment of HCPCS add-on code G2211 for three years;
- Expands access to mental health services furnished through telehealth past the expiration of the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE);
- Surprise Billing: The legislation will protect patients from out-of-network medical bills when seeking emergency care. It includes the options for providers to pursue independent dispute resolution when patient protections apply.